Thursday, September 13

End of the SIP!

2 weeks have passed since the end of the MP/SIP period, and finally a break to update this heap.
While the work is still in progress, I have the freedom to complete it at my own pace. (In the local vernacular, Own time, Own target.)



Every day, I come home with headaches due to that mess. The colour coding hardly works out, (Red-X0-X15 Inputs, 24V DC, 240V AC(!) Blue-0V, Black-Switch 1-5, White-Lights 1-5. Green-Earth, via Earth Leakage Circuit Breaker.(ELCB))
and on Monday, I had a close call with the Reaper, as the circuit breaker sparked spectacularly (Connected to the mains, switch off.) while I was checking the connection, and annihilating the fuse in the plug (and fulfilling its task to protect.) You kind of get used to mortal peril when your previous duties involved going close with a circular saw in the process of rending a Tempered Steel rod. Wire organisation via trunking has not helped, as it confines the mess into a tight column.


__________________________
| Power Start Emergency |
| Stop |
| |
|Med. Select Quantity GO! |
|_________________________|


You'd be surprised at the number of people who think this layout is too difficult. Even after I applied the labels. The box was to designed to minimize errors in usage, as it is impossible to select more than one type of med, through the 2-state twist switch, and the 1-5 pad, which allows one quantity to be selected at any time.

The Blue, Greed, and Red buttons are big, obvious, and very clear on their intended usage.



The problem child of the lot.
I spent a long time struggling with this thing. The problems solved from this point-Stepper motor breakdown, powering issue, the previous group messing up the COM wiring, software issues, and general meddling by unauthorized people.

Other than that, the machine needs just a couple of weeks for it to be good to go.

In other news, Derrick at Thermonuclearexchange.com successfully pulled me into Everquest 2 recently, also contributing to my absence. The world of Norrath is packed with interesting quests, not to mention endless dungeon crawling. I have 3 characters, Amaveram Vas'vayrr (37 Dark Elf Shadow Knight) Donohov Blake (26 Half-Elf Monk) and Gorby Glasnost(5 Gnome Warlock, last name TBC). I'll blog further on these guys tomorrow (or at least this week, once I poke through LU38).

By The Dolphin

"I can't keep this together,
And I might lose this year.
I can't get through December,
And you know all my fears.

Someplace, somewhere behind me,
I walked right through the truth.
Truth is that you're the one thing,
That always pulls me through."

----------------
Now playing: Yellowcard - Cut Me, Mick
via FoxyTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home