Saturday, February 3

Conversational Topic #2-Morality Vs. Success Rate

I frequently pride myself on a form of twisted morality. Morality being, of course, what's right and moral and what's wrong and immoral, based on whatever point of view I have on a subject.

Now, this fantasy angel-or-devil decision process on whether I really should replace someone's sniffing salts with concentrated ammonia cooperates with the real world, i.e. I don't commit crimes, and vice versa, but I found a new way these things become mutually exclusive.

My projects are often challenging, epic sized wonders with the group lumping a hearty helping of labor on me, as the designated "wunderkind" of the group. (The author discourages such crazy talk)
Thus when time is up for the projects, the temptationto cheat grows. It's not hard to call a senior classmate who had done it for "Consultations", or to blatantly copy en masse.
The option to follow morality and do it myself, it would result in possible overwork and successive failures.

Even in other areas, such friction occurs. my school has guys who are arguably the most boorish and chauvinistic people I've seen, being popular with the fairer gender. My own moral compass tells me that such behavior is unacceptable, although I admit my own opinion is now considered archaic, seeing the difference between Uncompromised Morals and a "Great Success! High Five!"
------

Sorry about the slow updates, been busy. I'll post the story for Creative Writing soon after grading, and I pack it into a .pdf thing. I'm writing that tomorrow.

By the Dolphin

"Last night I had a dream about you,
In this dream I'm dancing right beside you;
And it looked like everyone was having fun,
the kind of feeling I've waited so long."

Daft Punk-Discovery-Digital Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home